Meet The Texas Church Shooting Hero
Jack Wilson saved the lives of many people on Sunday, when a gunman entered West Freeway Church of Christ and opened fire. Wilson shot the gunman, killing him and saving many others.
So besides being a hero, who is Jack Wilson?
Wilson is a member of West Freeway Church of Christ and head of security for the Church.
Wilson and his wife of 51 years are the parents of 3 daughters and grandparents of 10 and 1 great grandchild.
Wilson served as a Hood County Reserve Deputy Sheriff from 1980-1986. He is a TCOLE Instructor and CHL/LTC Instructor. Wilson works with Federal, State and local levels of law enforcement.
Wilson is a proud Trump supporter.
Wilson is a Republican candidate for County Commissioner for Precinct 3 in Hood County, Texas.
Read Wilson’s candidate mission statement below:
The mission of my office is to be accessible to serve the public with honesty and integrity, to help provide essential services through an efficient and effective use of the County’s resources and to be accountable to the citizens of Precinct 3 and all citizens of Hood County.
• Promote county financial sustainability to support the rapid county growth.
• Work with our city and other county entities to encourage clean economic development that provides for the creation of good paying jobs within the county.
• Support the implementation of new Subdivision Rules, per Local Government Code, Title 7, Subtitle B, Chapter 232 Subchapter A.
• Work with our Texas Department of Transportation to implement measures to provide for safer, longer-lasting roadways.
• Support Law Enforcement to provide for the safety and services for our growing county.
• Treat all county citizens with fairness, and respect.
• To lead pro-actively on the Hood County Commissioners Court while advocating for the constituents of Precinct 3 and the county at-large.
• Honesty – communicating and acting truthfully and with fairness
• Customer-centricity – we are here because of and to support our citizens, elected and appointed officials, and department heads and staff, to put them at the center and create a positive experience.
• Excellence – our work surpasses ordinary standards and every day we are better than the day before.
• Transparency – thoughts, feelings and motives are easily perceived and information is accessible and open to public scrutiny.
• Effectively, efficiently, and equitably provide justice, health and safety services to improve the quality of life for the people of Precinct 3 and all citizens of Hood County.
• Ensure the public safety and peaceful resolution of conflicts through the justice system and other public processes.
• Empower the public through civic engagement and collaboration
Small Business owner for over 30 years.
Worked for 18 years negotiating proposals and contracts for major defense company.
Served as a Hood County Reserve Deputy Sheriff from 1980-1986.
Presently a TCOLE Instructor and CHL/LTC Instructor.
I continue to work with Federal, State and local levels of law enforcement.
My wife of 51 years and I have raised our family in Granbury/Hood County for the last 42 years. We are the proud parents of 3 daughters and blessed grandparents of 10 and 1 great.
I feel I have the knowledge and passion to move this growing county into a place all residents can be proud to call home.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR VOTE AND SUPPORT