1 pound ground beef
1 1/2 teaspoons vegetable oil
1 (28 ounce) can chopped tomatoes
1 medium onion, chopped
4 medium carrots, chopped
3 celery stalks, chopped
1 cup drained canned red kidney beans
3 cups beef broth
1/2 cup ditalini
1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
1 1/2 teaspoons black pepper
3/4 teaspoon dried parsley
1 cup spaghetti sauce
1. Cook the ground beef in vegetable oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat until browned and crumbly, about 8 minuets; drain well.
2. Add undrained tomatoes, onion, carrots, and celery to ground beef and mix well.
3. Reduce heat to low. Simmer the mixture, stirring occasionally for 10 mins.
4. Rinse and drain the kidney beans. Stir into the ground beef mixture. Stir in broth, ditalini, oregano, black pepper, and parsley.
5. Simmer, covered, until celery and carrots are tender, about 45 mins. Stir in the spaghetti sauce. Cook until heated through. Serve hot.
Recipe Credit: Grandma’s Kitchen Treasured Family Recipes